Sugar Baby Meaning
What does sugar baby mean?
(plural sugar babies)
“Sugar Baby” means that a person is open to exchanging companionship for financial gain.
What does being a sugar baby entail?
Being a sugar baby entails 3 things:
- Negotiating the terms of an arrangement to satisfy both you and your sugar daddy’s needs.
- Companionship that may or may not involve sex.
- Long-term financial accommodation rather than fast cash.
Defining the Modern Sugar Baby
The sugar baby concept started with young, attractive women willing to spend time with much older men in exchange for money and gifts.
The modern definition of a sugar baby is more complex.
Browsing through the members of a sugar daddy website will introduce you to a diverse collection of sugar babies.
Here are some factors that differentiate modern sugar babies from traditional babies:
- Gender – Sugar babies were traditionally female.
Male and transgender sugar babies are now commonplace.
Sugar mommas are also rising in popularity.
- Age – Sugar babies are no longer all young and wide-eyed with innocence. There are babies of all ages looking for companionship. Many sugar daddies appreciate the sophistication and maturity of an older woman.
- Body Shape/Size – The concept of beauty has changed dramatically over the years. The sugar lifestyle is filled with women of all shapes and sizes. There are daddies who appreciate women with softer, more voluptuous curves. Some sugar babies also have unique looks that help them stand out from the crowd. They’re all quite stunning in the eyes of their daddies.
- Sexual Orientation – Don’t assume that a male sugar baby is only open to sugar mamas. Young, beautiful women aren’t always looking for sugar daddies. Bisexual sugar babies, gay sugar babies, and even pansexual sugar babies are readily found on the top sugar baby websites.
- Marital Status – You will see divorced sugar babies on many dating websites. You may come across a married sugar baby as well. Some sugar babies are in open relationships. They have the freedom to entertain daddies openly. Others never plan on dating in the traditional sense. They’re sugar all the way.
- Career & Education – The stereotypical sugar baby is either uneducated and poor or a college student. Seeking.com does have a collegiate program that caters to college sugar babies. The membership database still includes many successful women with careers. These women are on the rise and may one day have wealth of their own. Some successful women don’t have time for traditional dating relationships.
Sugar Baby Motivations – Why Do They Do It?
Today’s sugar babies are also diverse when it comes to their motivations for entering this lifestyle.
Traditional sugar babies were motivated by money, expensive gifts, and elaborate vacations.
They wanted to elevate their lifestyle.
Today, every sugar baby has their own motivation. Some of the more common motivations include:
- Mentorship – Some sugar babies look for successful daddies able to mentor them in business. They’re willing to give up their time in exchange for insights into a professional field. Some may simply want to surround themselves with successful role models.
- Experiences – Some babies see sugaring as an opportunity to go to new places. They want to see and do new things. A wealthy sugar daddy can make that happen.
- Security – Many sugar babies can pay their own bills. They may work paycheck-to-paycheck without a sense of security. One hospital bill or high electric bill will stress them out. Sugaring gives them a security net. That is why many sugar babies won’t engage men without an allowance.
- Love – Some sugar babies and daddies do fall in love. They may spend the rest of their lives together. Some babies go into the lifestyle looking for men who will make good daddies. There’s more to a sugar relationship than cash.
It’s common for sugar babies to have full lives beyond their sugar activities.
There are also veteran sugar babies who center their lives around their sugar daddies.
They make sugaring their career. Their motivations for doing so can vary.
What Is A Sugar Baby?
Does it now seem impossible to define a sugar baby?
The variety in the lifestyle may make it seem that way.
Here are some common attributes that explain what a sugar baby is:
- All sugar babies are open to the exchange of companionship for financial gain.
- All sugar babies expect to receive an allowance or per-meeting fee. This is in addition to gifts and perhaps a vacation or two. They don’t give their attention away for free.
- All sugar babies are looking for companionship on some level. They may not want to fall in love. They do enjoy spending time with their sugar daddies and mamas.
From this, we could say that a sugar baby is a person who enjoys spending time with people of significant wealth.
They rank finances high when choosing their romantic partners.
They select mates with the wealth and desire to pamper a woman.
Is Being A Sugar Baby Illegal?
No, being a sugar baby is completely illegal.
Most people in the lifestyle simply consider it their preferred way of dating.
Just as it is legal to connect with one-night stands, blind dates or boyfriends through online websites and apps without breaking the law.
No crime is committed when you negotiate a sugar arrangement with people you meet online or in real life.
If you found this article a good read, share it with others on Twitter and Facebook!
Quickly meet sugar babies on the #1 Sugar Daddy Website now!